Motorola baby monitor is a wireless device that allows parents to keep their eye on babies with the help of two way communication system. It has a range of one hundred meters and not only it keeps you informed with updated information but also it can be used as a walkie-talkie.
If you have recently got your hands on one of those Motorola monitors, you might be looking forward to some ways on how to connect it to your phone, whether its an Android or iOS. Well, this article is going to help you in that regard. There are two main ways to make a connection between Motorola baby monitor to your mobile device:
- Via Blue tooth
- Via The Hubble App / Motorola monitors app
Let’s discuss each of these ways in details and step-by-step below.
Connect Motorola Baby Monitor to Phone Using Bluetooth
The steps to connect your Motorola monitors to the phone are same regardless of you using an android phone or OS device. Here are the steps you’d be following for most mobile device models:
Steps to Connect Motorola Monitors to Phone
Here are the setup instructions you need to follow to make the connection
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth to begin the connection. Make sure it stays turned on throughout the process of connecting.
- Turn on your Motorola baby monitor by pressing the power button. It will automatically go into pairing mode.
- Hold down the “Pairing” button on your baby monitor for few seconds until it starts blinking blue and red alternatively. As soon as you see this, change the settings of your phone to pair with that device which is labeled “Motorola XXXX”.
- On successful pairing, both devices will be able to communicate with each other wirelessly over a one hundred meter range.
If still, there are any issues regarding how to connect Moto baby monitor via Bluetooth, feel free to contact us via comments and we’d be glad to help you.
Must Read: Best Baby Monitor For Two Rooms
Connect Motorola Baby Monitor to Phone Using Hubble App / Motorola Monitors App
If your Motorola monitor is not Bluetooth enabled, there is another way to connect it with your phone i.e. using Hubble app, also called the Motorola monitors app available on Google Play Store or Apple store for Android as well as iOS devices respectively.
For Android Device
- Go to your google app store from the phone and search for HUBBLE app.
- Download and install the Motorola monitors app on your phone. It won’t take long to install.
- Now launch the app on your device, sign up for a free trial with Hubble Connect account or login using Facebook if you already have an account.
- Once logged in successfully, tap the + button at the bottom right of the screen to get a drop down menu, followed by tapping Add Device. Instead of adding new devices you can also add existing ones which you want to connect with your Motorola baby monitors.
- Wait until Hubble detects your baby monitor which will be reflected under found devices list as “Motorola XXXX”. XXXX here can be the monitor’s model name as well.
- Tap on “XXXX” and select edit before entering pairing PIN code provided in instruction manual of Motorola Monitors.
- Once successfully paired, you will be able to listen and talk with your baby using phone’s microphone and speaker via Hubble camera.
For iOS Mobile Device
- Open the apple app store from your iPhone or iPad, search for HUBBLE app and install it on your device.
- Follow the same steps as outlined above i.e. sign up for a free trial or login using Facebook if you have an account before setting up your monitor with Motorola monitors app.
- Tap on the + button at the bottom right corner.
- Select Add Device and tap on Motorola XXXX under found devices list.
- Now enter pairing PIN code mentioned in your video monitor’s instruction manual using Motorola monitors app to connect with it wirelessly.
- Once successfully paired, you will be able to listen and talk with your baby’s sound by either pressing microphone icon or speaking through phone’s microphone respectively.
Also, please know that after linking Motorola monitors via Hubble App, the advantages of previously connected devices are automatically added as well so you don’t need to follow those again, unless you want to connect additional devices/unpair existing ones etc. In any case, if you have successfully paired both devices then simply launch “Hubble Connect” on your phone and tap on Motorola’s camera which will open live view of your baby.
You can also press the “Mute” button on your monitor to ensure that no sound is transmitted from the device or power source. Tap again to re-enable it. Pairing Pin code should be kept a secret as this would play a key role in successful pairing of both devices.
Q: Will I be able to listen & talk with my baby?
A: Yes absolutely. You can either use Motorola’s microphone present in its monitor or talk via Hubble’s microphone/speaker on your device.
Q: Can I monitor my baby using Hubble even if it is not paired with Motorola?
A: No, unfortunately. You can only monitor babies using Hubble if both the monitor and your mobile devices are successfully paired with each other.
Q: Does video quality of my Moto monitor get compromised if I monitor it using Hubble app?
A: No. You will still be able to see your baby in high quality video while monitoring with Hubble.
Q: Do both devices need to be connected at all times?
A: No, by default they disconnect after 20 seconds of no activity which is set to save battery life so in this case, Hubble app & Motorola monitor will disconnect unless you enable “”Stay Connected”” function in both devices.
Q: Will Hubble app consume my mobile data?
A: No, it won’t. It uses specific technology to connect both of your devices together so no data will get consumed unless you enable video streaming in the monitor settings which then allow you to use Hubble app over cellular network (not recommended).
Q: Is Motorola Video Monitor battery operated?
A: Yes it is. It comes with rechargeable batteries which take around 2 hours to be fully charged. Please note that Hubble app doesn’t come with its own battery and thus won’t affect your device’s battery life negatively in any way.
Q: I don’t have Facebook account, can I still use Hubble?
A: Of course you can. You can use your Gmail account to create a Hubble account and start using it immediately.
We hope that both ways of connecting a video monitor to your mobile device have been explained clearly enough for you to follow them. Read through the instruction manual of both devices carefully and follow the steps exactly as mentioned to ensure smooth pairing of your Motorola monitor with Bluetooth or Hubble app respectively.
Connecting Moto baby monitor using Motorola app is pretty easy but if you haven’t downloaded it on your phone yet, make sure to follow all steps accordingly otherwise you might end up facing issues during pairing of both devices. If still there are any troubleshooting issues then feel free to contact us via comments section below.